Tuesday, May 1, 2012
Political trends in West Bengal
1st May 2012
Our mighty Queen is getting naked day by day,
After the (West Bengal) election 2011, a sigh of relief was flooded in West Bengal, CPM was defeated. Within a short time of 11 months, people have been forced to take stock of the differences between the two parties. It seems the worst been replaced.
Ms Banerjee came to power in 2011, bringing to an end the state's 34-year communist rule. She was elected for better government. She must provide effective governance;It was an expectation of common people; throughout this short time we have seen a series of wrong action by Mamata and her ministers. It makes us think that the on going state of WestBengal is getting worse to worst. We did not like the following:
1) Ms Banerjee began her term by storming a Kolkata police station to free two of her party colleagues who were arrested for rioting, setting a very unhealthy precedent.
2) Stopping subscriptions to most mass-circulated Bengali dailies and English language newspapers in public libraries was in itself an outrageous one and violation of basic democratic norms. Intellectuals and commoners continued to pour their anguish over the issue which they see as a blatant attack on democracy and freedom of speech and expression.
The Press Council of India chairman Justice Markandey Katju, talking on the latest cartoon controversy, asked Mamata to take the criticism positively being the state Chief Minister. Addressing a press meet, Katju told, "I think Mamata Banerjee should have behaved in a more mature manner. She is no more a street fighter, she is the Chief Minister...the manner in which she has behaved is totally unacceptable," he said.
3) Arresting Partho Sarathi Ray, a molecular biologist at the Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER), leading scientists and intellectuals for his alleged role in protests against recent evictions from a slum in the city , was unacceptable.
4) Her comrade Trinamool leader and legislator Arabul Islam, president of the college governing body, barged into the staff room with some outsiders, abused a professor, Debjani Dey and then threw a jug full of water at the professor, Debjani Dey sustained an injury on chin .
And ‘— that teachers and professors, with an allegiance to the CPM, will not be allowed to teach in schools and colleges’.TMC leader Shanku Deb Panda, who is the Trinamool Chatra Parishad (TMCP) president, made this announcement at a rally in South 24 Paragana district.
Bengal Food and Supplies Minister Jyotipriya Mallik dictating to his party workers that their daughters should not be married off into CPM families and they should not mingle with the CPM men, not even over tea.
How a minister creates a (Possible) communal war and fuel to riot !
5) Her 'Partycracy', or dictatorship--- advising citizen what to read and what to watch. Her ministers , party leaders are not the leader of all people in Bengal, so raising index finger and speaking(shouting) with high note/pitch to people is an obscene.Unacceptable.
6) Her comrades who are for extortion, syndicate, muscle power....
7)The departments under her like Home & Health are the worst performers.
We have seen recent roles of police.
Park Street rape case as "cooked up to malign the government", How a chief minister speaks like that?
Rape horror haunts Mamata's 'decent' Bengal ------CNNIBN
6 rapes in 30 days
Insecutiry of women ---a series of rape cases-- common people.
'West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee is rapidly becoming notorious for her dealings with the media.' --- International Business times.
The Anarchy in education system, politics in school college, Raiganj, Gangarampore , Majdia, Malda College.. beating professors by her comrades,
There are a lot if we list ….
So to me it seems our queen is getting naked day by day leaving us in a bleak future.